PDA

View Full Version : Blue and Yellow Macaw

Richard Unsworth
10-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Hi
My friend for a few days. Though not native to Costa Rica there are two flying free at Arenal Lodge Costa Rica

Canon 40D Canon 17-85 IS @ 38MM
SS 1/125 f 9.0 ISO 400 cropped to my taste, OOC as a large JPEG

AlvanBuckley
10-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Nice! Good detail and colours. The yellows seem a little saturated and the white background at the top needs to be toned down, that will help the bird stand out more. I also can't see much detail in the blacks around the neck.
Nice HA in my opinion.
TFS

Daniel Cadieux
10-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Nice to be able to experiment with a wider focal lenght! This guy looks quite content to pose for you:). Lookslike the face could use some additional sharpening. BTW, I'd be interested to see where the focus point was as the blue feathers in the LLC look like the sharpest part of the image. Nice colours, but yes the yellows are a bit much on the chest. Were you able to get yourself higher to get an all green BG? A fun image!

Doug Brown
10-26-2010, 10:14 PM
A great look at the eye. The point of maximum focus appears to be the blue in the LLC. Sharpness falls off dramatically in a number of places; surprising for f/9. Also there appears to be an area just above the base of the beak with some PS artifact (perhaps an over-inclusive selection). I like Daniels idea of a higher shooting angle to give yourself an all-green BG.