PDA

View Full Version : Lighthouse Pano

Dave Mills
10-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Back from shooting 4 days at Martha's Vineyard. Had good light 2 of the days and overcast the others. This was shot late in the day in almost gale force winds. I shot this as a 3 frame horiz pano due to blowing weeds in the foreground that I was afraid of including due to the slower ss.
Nikon D300,18-70 WA,F22,1/125, -1/3 comp,ISO 400,tripod mtd,bubble level and pano leveling head.

Roman Kurywczak
10-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Hey Dave,
Welcome back! As always.....pano's don't really show well at this small size! Colors, clouds and light look great as does the placement of the lighthouse. Might tone down some of the whiter stuff on the shore.....not tooo much so it loses depth but overall I think this turned out very nicely! I had no idea it was that desolate in some areas!

Robert Amoruso
10-27-2010, 06:28 AM
Hi Dave,

Glad you had a good trip. I think Roman nailed it. Overall it works well. I think I would have tried some single frame images with more FG to get the blowing affect of the weeds and slower SS.

Susan Candelario
10-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Hey Dave,
This is very nice! I too like the placement of the LH as well as the warm colors and clouds. I wish I would remember to shoot panos when I am out & about, after all I did buy the pano head you suggested to me and never take it off the one tripod. :2eyes2: I guess it's not about the one with the most toys wins at the end. :D At any rate very nicely done.
~Susan

Andrew McLachlan
10-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi Dave, welcome back. I like this pano quite a bit. Well composed, but as Roman suggested I would also tone down the brightest areas of the shore/bluff. Well done. Look forward to seeing more images from your trip.