PDA

View Full Version : Double drop

Grahame Hamblin
10-25-2010, 11:51 PM
D300 100mm macro f22 sb800 1/125 sb600 1/60 a bit of spotting. Will post a variation on out of the box Interested in remarks

Roman Kurywczak
10-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi Grahame,
You are getting better on this.....are you using 1 flash? You can try multiple to get more light but overall I think you did well with that. Did you have much ambient light? At f22 I expect this would be sharper.....so could be a bit of ghosting from ambient affecting that. I did see the fract version in OOTB.....liked that one better mostly due to the sharpness. Finally....the LH side has a bit of black...smoothing and blending that in with the rest of the BG will also help. You are improving so just a matter of time now!

Ken Childs
10-27-2010, 06:41 AM
Hey Grahame, I don't have much experience with shooting this type of shot so I really can't comment on the technical aspects of shooting. Maybe when bugs disappear (which unfortunately looks like it will be soon), I'll give it a try. I'm interested to hear what type of setup you're using.

There are tiny white spots scattered around the shot that I find to be a bit distracting. Cloning those out will definitely take this up a notch, IMO! Keep 'em coming. :)

Steve Maxson
10-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Hi Grahame. I'm with Ken on this one as I haven't tried this type of shot myself. Roman has some good suggestions above. As Roman noted, the black area on the left needs to go - should be an easy fix. Also, the whole image looks rather dark to my eye - not sure if this is the look you were going for, but brightening it overall might be an improvement. :)