PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Fly-Over

Ian Cassell
10-25-2010, 09:13 PM
This guy took me totally by surprise. I was at the Gilbert Water Ranch shooting herons at ISO 3200 in the dark just at dawn when this guy came right over me. I had been playing with auto ISO and I was happy it was switched on.

Canon 7D
Canon 400mm f/5.6L
1/1600 sec f/5.6 ISO 640 (auto ISO) HH

S/H, slight crop, sharpening in CS5
NR in Noiseware Pro

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
10-26-2010, 04:57 AM
Guess this is another benefit of auto ISO :D Nice under wing details consider the side lighting, also love the checking out look on the bird face. Good reflex for capturing this image too. Just wish the left wing extended a bit more.

Julie Kenward
10-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Nicely captured, Ian! Did you purposefully leave the yellow that intense? I understand it's the light quality that early in the morning but it feels a little overdone to me. I'd push it back a bit if it were mine. Too bad the one eye isn't more visible - that would really have taken this one over the top for me. Love that wing spread!

Ian Cassell
10-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Thank you folks. Jules, I have a couple more from the same series where you can see the other eye better, but the wings don't look as nice. I hadn't thought about the yellow. It was the natural light, but I will try backing it off and see what happens.

Ray Rozema
10-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Good reflexes Pose and detail looks good I agree with doing something about yellow color it causes it to look unnatural.