PDA

View Full Version : How do you enter the forums ??

Desmond Chan
10-25-2010, 07:51 PM
I've posted the following question in my reply to this thread:

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?73863-Do-you-enter-the-forums-through-the-Home-Page-or-go-straight-to-the-forums

How do you enter the forums through the front page now?

I noticed that near the top right hand corner below "Advance Search" that are two boxes. One says "Forum" and the other "Blogs". The "Forums" one does not work. What I've been doing is then click on 'birdphotographers.net" on the top left hand corner of the screen. But, it doesn't feel like an improvement from the past to me. Shouldn't "Forums" be where you click and will be taken to all the forums?

I'm using Firefox if it means anything. So far I have not seen any reply to the issue above. I am starting to wonder if I'm the only person with that problem. Anyhow, if any of you kind soul doesn't mind helping me out, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

Dan Brown
10-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi Desmond. I enter at the home page, sign in, click on "what's new" check the latest posts then to access the forums, I click on "forums" in the upper left area. I do not see the "forums" and "blogs" in the upper right hand corner. I am using googlecrome.

Dave Leroy
10-26-2010, 09:37 AM
I am not sure what you are seeing Desmond.

I also use Firefox and when on the home page, I don't see anything related to Forums or Blogs in top right corner.

I have the home page book marked. I open that and enter the forums from the second box from the left side.

Dave

Desmond Chan
10-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks Dan and Dave for the replies !

Based on what you said, I think it has something to do with the size and the resolution of the monitor itself. Mine is an antique CRT monitor using a lower (by today's standard) resolution (anything higher could be hard to read). I think I will simply use the link to go straight to the forum page from now on and skip the front/home page.

Hilary Hann
10-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Desmond, I am having the same problem as you are. I didn't notice it as I am bookmarked directly into the Wildlife Forum, but I have a mess of menu items in the top rhs, none of which work.

I also have a problem with the images, I have to scroll from left to right to see the complete image whereas I used to be able to see the whole image in my browser window. Makes it difficult to make a critique.

Dan Brown
10-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Desmond, I am having the same problem as you are. I didn't notice it as I am bookmarked directly into the Wildlife Forum, but I have a mess of menu items in the top rhs, none of which work.

I also have a problem with the images, I have to scroll from left to right to see the complete image whereas I used to be able to see the whole image in my browser window. Makes it difficult to make a critique. Hilary, I had some of these problems that were worked out by switching to "BP light" down in the lower left corner of the screen. I think that you can set this as your default in your profile settings so it is permanant.

allanrube
10-26-2010, 09:26 PM
A lot changes on this forum design compared to other forums I belong too. Until a few days ago "What's new" was to the right and often "mixed" with other choices. Now it is to the left and is never obstructed.
I had the black design and now that is gone. But I would not be surprised if it came back. :o

Hilary Hann
10-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Hilary, I had some of these problems that were worked out by switching to "BP light" down in the lower left corner of the screen. I think that you can set this as your default in your profile settings so it is permanant.

Dan, I'm on "BP Light" already, but I have found the menu items seem to work if I make my window browser size really small, but then I have even worse problems with having to scroll around to see the posted images. I guess it is a work in progress and all will be solved in due course. :)

Dan Brown
10-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Dan, I'm on "BP Light" already, but I have found the menu items seem to work if I make my window browser size really small, but then I have even worse problems with having to scroll around to see the posted images. I guess it is a work in progress and all will be solved in due course. :)Interesting! I can see the images and all fine with BPlight? Hope it gets worked out for all!

Sid Garige
10-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Desmond is right. I just got my netbook up and running with 1024x640 resolution and menu buttons are out of order. I dont see this issue with my other laptop running at 1920x1080. Looks like page content is not dynamically resizing to monitor resolution. We need to post this in BPN help forum and notify Web administrators. Here is my screen shot.

Marina Scarr
10-27-2010, 10:54 PM
I have been having the same problem for a few days but on my cell phone, no problem at all. Go figure.

Hilary Hann
10-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Sid, that's what my screen looks like as well.

James Shadle
10-28-2010, 07:02 AM
If you are having problems with the forum alignment, please reply with your screen resolution.

James Shadle
10-28-2010, 07:11 AM
BP-Light,Small style (drop down menu, bottom left hand corner) will work well @ 1280x800.
I may need to make a BP-Light,Even Smaller style tonight.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank goodness I look at forum modifications on my 1440px 17" laptop and not my 30" desktop.

Desmond Chan
10-28-2010, 08:49 AM
1027 x 768.

Dan Brown
10-28-2010, 09:29 AM
If you are having problems with the forum alignment, please reply with your screen resolution. FYI James, I am NOT having a problem with my bp light view at 1280x800.

Hilary Hann
10-28-2010, 08:51 PM
My screen is at 1152x870 and it doesn't like the menu items or the image sizes at all.

Desmond Chan
10-28-2010, 09:41 PM
I also noticed that, on another monitor that I have accessed to, there's a funny problem: some of the items that are shown under the poster's/member's name on the left (as seen on my CRT monitor) such as threads, locations, etc., are being shown on the top of the post itself. I don't have the resolution of that monitor off the top of my head but it's on higher resolution than my CRT mon.