PDA

View Full Version : Declare yourselves??

Morkel Erasmus
10-25-2010, 05:13 PM
I know we've got a lot of South Africans on here...so list yourself and where you're from and maybe we can get some discussions going.

And if you are from elsewhere in Africa - please do so all the more! :)

Tony Whitehead
10-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Great to have Africa back on the map. Not sure why it dropped off with the BPN upgrade! I spent the first 29 years of my life in SA so it is my most favourite place to be with a camera.

Morkel Erasmus
10-27-2010, 04:05 PM
what made you leave, Tony? :)

Tony Whitehead
10-28-2010, 03:36 AM
what made you leave, Tony? :)
Good question. We left SA with 2 backpacks to work in NZ for 12 months to funding a flyfishing pilgrimage. Somehow 21 years passed and I now have 2 kiwi kids! Have been lucky enough to get back to SA most years to catch up with family:D

Ken Watkins
10-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Is there really any need, I am from UK via France (15 years). Came here to take images hopefully suceeded.;)

Tony Sparkes
11-04-2010, 07:17 AM
I know we've got a lot of South Africans on here...so list yourself and where you're from and maybe we can get some discussions going.

And if you are from elsewhere in Africa - please do so all the more! :)

Hi Morkel

I am a Brit as I said in my intro, married a South African girl, been here 3 years now after we lived in Spain for 8 years and the middle east prior to that. Currently residing in Hartbeespoort, Northwest Province

Regards
Tony

ken dyball
11-30-2010, 06:29 AM
Hey Morkel

As from now my wife Michelle & i will be living in Tanzania Managing a luxury Camp, a dream Job, :D:D

Cheers
Ken

Morkel Erasmus
11-30-2010, 03:13 PM
thanks everyone - it is interesting to hear your tales...for another matter of interest, what are your professions?

Mr Dyball - sounds exciting! which lodge?

philperry
12-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Hi Morkel

I live next door in Swaziland - but a lot of my photos are taken in South African parks. I also enjoy travelling to other African countries in search of photos. My favourites are cats but also other mammals and birds. Managed to get to see jaguars in Brazil this year.

I am always interested to learn of new places to go to get close photographic views of interesting species - particularly from well-placed hides.