PDA

View Full Version : Theme Egret-scape

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-25-2010, 04:09 PM
40D. 400 f5.6L at f/8.

This is full-frame. I'll post the tighter vertical one too. Let me know which one works better...or if none of them work :-) Feedback always appreciated.

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Here's the vertical crop.

Randy Stout
10-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Kaustubh:

Interesting possibilities here. I somewhat prefer the second one, but did find myself studying the comp. on the first one more, which is perhaps a good thing! It is nice to see a little rim lighting on the bird in contrast to the pure silhouette on the tree.

Cheers

Daniel Cadieux
10-25-2010, 06:26 PM
You've been having fun with the silhouettes Kaustubh!! The second is a more traditional offering, not bad, kinda safe. The first, although some may find the extra tree, well, extra, I find quite pleasing and interesting (and artistic). I can only imagine if there was a second bird perched on that empty tree looking at towards the other one. I may crop it a bit at left to have the same amount of space between the two side edges and respective trees.

Randy Stout
10-25-2010, 06:35 PM
You've been having fun with the silhouettes Kaustubh!! The second is a more traditional offering, not bad, kinda safe. The first, although some may find the extra tree, well, extra, I find quite pleasing and interesting (and artistic). I can only imagine if there was a second bird perched on that empty tree looking at towards the other one. I may crop it a bit at left to have the same amount of space between the two side edges and respective trees.

I can see the title for it (both trees with bird in each) "My tree is better than your tree!"

I knew there was a reason the 1st one appealed to me.

Got to work on that too safe choice issue!:cool:

Cheers

Randy

Sidharth Kodikal
10-25-2010, 08:08 PM
I love them both, but I would definitely frame and hang the first one.
It has a superb minimalist/artistic feel to it.
I imagine it would look better if the tree the bird was perched on was taller and the other one shorter.
I would crop a bit from the left.
Thanks.

Arthur Morris
10-25-2010, 08:22 PM
KD, First one for me, in part because of the exquisite image design and in part because the effect of the rim light is minimized. I like my SILHs BLACK :)

Jim Crosswell
10-25-2010, 08:50 PM
I like the original post the best. The other tree balances the image and makes the scene more complete. Well done Kaustubh!

wendell westfall
10-25-2010, 11:39 PM
I prefer the second one; I find "the extra tree, well, extra" (as Daniel put it).

Ákos Lumnitzer
10-26-2010, 02:07 AM
I like the first one. What would make it stronger IMHO is if there were a connection between the trees. I am not sure if it's one, or two, trees. The second crop would work better with the egret in the LL ROT position. Good concept mate. :)

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Thx everybody for all the feedback. Always appreciated.

denise ippolito
10-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Kaustubh, Both are wonderful to me for different reasons. I prefer the first one w/ the balance of the second limb being very appealing to me.

Andrew Merwin
10-26-2010, 12:50 PM
I prefer the OP also. I seems very oriental to me. The splash of light on the egret makes the egret look like it is split in half. Have you considered cloning it out?

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-26-2010, 12:52 PM
I prefer the OP also. I seems very oriental to me. The splash of light on the egret makes the egret look like it is split in half. Have you considered cloning it out?

Thx a lot. No, I've not considered that. Will experiment.