PDA

View Full Version : frosty thistle

christopher galeski
10-25-2010, 06:57 AM
took this shot the other morning early,the sun was just coming up,very frosty,comments good or bad welcome.thanks.cannon 50d.cannon macro lens 100mm f2.8 is L usm,hand held,cropped.iso 250,f16,1/15 sec.

Anita Bower
10-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Nice! I like the beautiful warm colors of the Thistle and the light and shadows caused by the early morning sun. Nice composition with the leaves anchoring the corner. The blurred BG looks like soft clouds--most pleasing. I might consider cloning the dark area in ULC. The frost adorning the plant is icing on the cake. But frost? Arghhh. That means winter--I'm not ready. I'm wondering if the frost can be sharpened a bit more. You inspire me to get out and shoot in the early morning.

Bob Miller
10-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi Chris...lovely shot....nice placement in frame. You might consider cropping a bit from bottom and bringing up the whites in the frost a bit more

pat lillich
10-25-2010, 09:22 PM
this is so beautiful! would love to see it with the frost a little whiter too - incredible background - looks like a fine painting.

Steve Maxson
10-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi Christopher. The colors you captured in the reddish light are quite striking! I'm also impressed at the sharpness you achieved hand holding at 1/15 and the pleasing softness of the background at f/16. There are a couple good suggestions above for tweaks that you might consider. There are also a few little light spots scattered around in the background that would be easy to remove. Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
10-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Hey Chris,
Very good advice given above.......tweaking the frost and the crop will take this up a notch and really make it shine!

christopher galeski
10-27-2010, 04:34 AM
thanks everybody for your help and comments,I only bought the lens last friday,was my first time out with it,I am a novice in macro,but willing to listen and learn.thanks again everybody.