PDA

View Full Version : You better step back!!

Paul Randall
10-25-2010, 01:49 AM
Pacific Gull (Larus pacificus)

This gull has a look like it has been offended and is about to say "ARE YOU TALKING TO ME...I DON"T SEE ANYBODY ELSE HERE".
Love this species, such characters. Not sure if I have composed this too well, would like to hear others thoughts.
Does the FG bird wreck this for you?
Also, does the colour and brightness look OK?

All comments, recrops,reposts most welcome.

Cheers, Paul

Canon 5D 400mm f5.6 L iso 200 1/2500th f9.0 CW metering -2/3, handheld
Photoshop- S/H adjustment, slight blur filter applied to BG

Joe Senzatimore
10-25-2010, 07:27 AM
Tough to get both in focus. Wish for a little more detail in the FG subject. It's a bit distracting as is.

AlvanBuckley
10-25-2010, 11:52 AM
I like the tight crop and the HA on the bird in focus looks good to me. Colours look good too, the image is quite bright with all the white but I don't think that is a problem.
You could have tried to increase the DOF to try and include the FG bird. I wonder if it would improve the image if the FG bird was looking directly at the other bird instead of slightly turned towards the right.

Jim Fenton
10-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Exposure looks right on for me. reds / yellows look a bit over saturated and a bit too dark.

The thing that really bugs my eyes is that the first bird in the image is OOF....I'd far prefer to have the lead subject in focus and the OOF subject to be in the back of the image.

Perhaps that's because that's only because that's what everyone always does :)

Would have been a bit stronger if both birds gaze were intent on one another.

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Very well done. liked the tight crop and the exposure. I do like the OOF front bird...very different image...works for me.

Paul Randall
10-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the comments all:D Hard to tell but the birds are actually looking directly at each other. Their eyes don't quite face forward so they look from the side slightly. Good to hear the brightness and colours look close. Thanks again:cool: