PDA

View Full Version : Common Kingfisher

RAM MALLYA
10-24-2010, 11:28 PM
So common but still i love to take photographs of this beauty .

Shutter speed 1/1250
Aperture F/4
ISO 400
Canon
Camera body 1D Mark II N
On tripod

C&C welcome

John Guastella
10-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Excellent capture of a beautiful bird, Ram. Colors and detail are great. The angled perch makes me a bit dizzy, but that's where the little guy landed. The light patch of BG to the bird's left is a bit distracting, as is the whitewash in the bird's shadow - both would be easy to clone out. Not sure what you could do about the OOF foreground - it's quite prominent - stopping down a bit would have solved that, and also would have brought the bird's bill into better focus. Still, a beautiful image...

John

Paul Randall
10-25-2010, 01:55 AM
Agree entirely with Johns comments (except I think he meant the bright patch to the birds right, near the breast):confused:. I have images of a Welcome Swallow resting on an algae covered canal wall that has the same slanted effect but still thought it was quite a nice image. The bird is obviously leaning into the slant so it is not too exaggerated in my opinion. Well done:D

RAM MALLYA
10-25-2010, 02:13 AM
How about this one ??????

Marc Mol
10-25-2010, 05:26 AM
Don't mind the unusual angled perch Ram.
Repost is an improvement.
TFS

Sidharth Kodikal
10-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Common or not, Kingfishers are so awesome. And this one is a beauty. Love the repost, but can the red spot in the fg be removed as well?
I actually really like the slanted angle and the beautiful light. As John mentioned, stopping down would have been even better.
I see a halo over the bill and the head, or is that just light causing that?

RAM MALLYA
10-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Hey thanx Peter it really looks better .

John Guastella
10-25-2010, 12:26 PM
(except I think he meant the bright patch to the birds right, near the breast)

Yup - confused the bird's L & R with my own...

Ram, your repost looks quite nice - good cloning job. Peter, would you mind sharing what you did to remove the color cast? I'm still not sure what approach is best when dealing with this problem.

John

John Guastella
10-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Thank you, Peter, for that very informative answer.

John

RAM MALLYA
10-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Thanx peter i will surely use the tips given by you in future as i am not that good in PP