PDA

View Full Version : TV

Indranil Sircar
10-24-2010, 01:58 PM
I have so often struggled to get correct exposure with TV and here is one more attempt. Settings were -

7D, Sigma 50-500mm @ 500mm, handheld
1/1000 sec, f/8 Mode: Av Metering: Evaluative Exp comp: +1/3

Adjusted the ACR for exposure and black. Applied usm for the final web version. Your c&c will be appreciated...

Dan Brown
10-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Well handled exposure for the conditions Indranil! I like the BG also. These guys are tough, I think a banking capture with the underwings well lit or a TV flying low over a reflective surface make for your best opps for good exp on the underwings IMO:)

Julie Kenward
10-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Indranil, I don't photograph birds all that often so it's harder for me to say how to improve upon this but I think you did a pretty good job of hitting it on the head. I do see areas nearest the body that are a bit dark and undetailed but that could just be the size of the image. The amount of lighting coming through the wings makes me think you got the rest of the image right because they seem to be right where they should be. Only thing I can think of to improve the image a bit more would be to have gotten a little more separation between the head and the back wing.

Indranil Sircar
10-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Dan, Julie thanks a lot. Julie, you are correct about the dark inner primaries. On histogram it is not all black and I will be able to pull some details back. Also, this is where I have struggled with exposure on TV. Here I have tried the banking pose just as Dan suggested but I think there could be another way to try with Fill Flash/Better Beamer. Well, that will be another time...

John Chardine
10-25-2010, 04:52 PM
These are tough Indranil, but you did a great job to get detail in both the dark bird and the bright sky. I would give a bit more room on top but other than that I wouldn't change a thing.