PDA

View Full Version : Jay

Jonathan Ashton
10-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Tripod, Canon 7D Canon 100-400 L IS ISO 200 -0.67 1/400 sec f7.1
I have been putting out bait for jays magpies redwings and fieldfares, got a few jays,.... magpies interested but still a bit timid, fieldfares and redwings - well they haven't read the book on garden bird photography have they?
All C&C welcome.

Katie Rupp
10-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Lovely bg, nice feather detail and I like the raised crest and the bright red berries are a very nice addition. If he'd read the book he might have turned a bit more towards you.;)

Daniel Cadieux
10-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Yep, this guy needs to read the book and turn its head at least parallel to the sensor:p! Have you been using a hide? This can help with the wariness of some species...

BTW, I love the swooping pattern of the plumage from chin down to lower belly...

Layton E Parham
10-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Beautiful bird. I would try not to center the subject.

Arthur Morris
10-24-2010, 05:13 PM
I'd keep working this bird. I would love to see a horizontal portrait with a bit more room above for the head and below for the berries. EXP and SH good but the bird did need to be out of the frame.

Jonathan Ashton
10-25-2010, 03:51 AM
Thanks for the &C everyone, things looking good today there has been a keen frost and I have had three jays, two pheasants and a few magpies - fingers crossed!
Artie "bird did need to be out of the frame" do you mean it needs to stand out a bit more i.e. better contrast/light maybe a different background?

Arthur Morris
10-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the &C everyone, things looking good today there has been a keen frost and I have had three jays, two pheasants and a few magpies - fingers crossed! Artie "bird did need to be out of the frame" do you mean it needs to stand out a bit more i.e. better contrast/light maybe a different background?

Sorry Jon: my fingers could not keep up with my brain; I meant to write: "the bird did need to be out of the center of the frame..."

Jonathan Ashton
10-26-2010, 03:19 AM
Thanks Artie understood... and agreed.

Geraldo Hofmann
10-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Jonathan great picture,

I would like eat even more without the berries ... and as Art said already out of the center.

If you are tired of Jays ... well send the to Moreton :-)