PDA

View Full Version : Saxon Street Pond

Richard Stern
10-23-2010, 08:13 PM
A local pond that often has good numbers of waterfowl in Fall, and Bald eagles that roost in the trees in Winter. I photographed this last week - Fall colors here are a bit late this year, and good reds have been hard to find, as many of the Maples have lost their leaves before really turning.

I used the gradation filter in Lightroom to bring out the sky colors, and lightened the line of trees in the center a little, but otherwise the colors are natural.

D300, 18-200VR at 52mm (78mm 35mm equiv) , pattern metering, 1/200, f/9, ISO 250.

Richard

Jason Kinsey
10-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Beautiful colors Richard!!! I had hoped New Brunswick in late September would have been a little better for color, but heard the same thing from the locals.

Rene Quenneville
10-23-2010, 09:10 PM
I also like the colors. The reds and blue are striking.

The foreground elements (stuff in the water, lower left corner) are not adding to the beauty of the scene. I think that if you remove the lower part of the picture (up to above the lowest duck) the picture will stand out even more.

Roman Kurywczak
10-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Hey Richard,
Colors do look right on but Rene covered my thoughts on the FG as it is not as appealing as the tree or sky. In this case including more of the sky may have been the way to go as the contrasts of colors as well as the clouds would have added to the overall scene. Just some food for thought for next time out.

Robert Amoruso
10-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Richard,

Well done on evening out the tonality in Lightroom. I agree ont he FG crop and that including more sky would have been good too. You have a keeper here with that FG crop.