PDA

View Full Version : Do you enter the forums through the Home Page or go straight to the forums?

James Shadle
10-22-2010, 09:19 PM
When you visit BPN do you check out the Home Page on your way to the forums?
Or do you so directly to the forums?

Chris Klapheke
10-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Home page for me. Like to see what else is going on, like articles and blog posts.

Roy Priest
10-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Straight to new posts for me.

Mark Young
10-23-2010, 04:01 AM
Home page as well.

Harshad Barve
10-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Home page for me

Hilary Hann
10-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Sorry, I'm book marked straight to the Wildlife Forum so that's where I go first. Now and then I try to remember to go to the home page. I navigate to other forums from the wildlife forum. Perhaps I should change my bookmark.

Dan Brown
10-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Home page for me. BTW, nice slideshow James!

John Hawkins
10-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Home page for me also.

Andrew Merwin
10-23-2010, 08:35 AM
I go directly to the forums. But I visit the home page 2-3 times/week

Alan Lillich
10-23-2010, 05:03 PM
I take a quick look at the home page, then on to the forums. While on the subject, it would be great to have an user preference display the forum by most recent post. For me they seem to default to most recently started thread. Then I have to click twice on "Last Post by", the first time sorts oldest on top, the second time sorts newest on top. Annoying for me, drives up cost for you.

Kerry Perkins
10-23-2010, 07:25 PM
I used to go directly to the forums page but since the home page has been made so much better I go there now.

Joel Eade
10-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Home page....best place to find out news

Desmond Chan
10-24-2010, 04:49 PM
How do you enter the forums through the front page now?

I noticed that near the top right hand corner below "Advance Search" that are two boxes. One says "Forum" and the other "Blogs". The "Forums" one does not work. What I've been doing is then click on 'birdphotographers.net" on the top left hand corner of the screen. But, it doesn't feel like an improvement from the past to me. Shouldn't "Forums" be where you click and will be taken to all the forums?

I'm using Firefox if it means anything.

Van Hilliard
10-25-2010, 08:49 AM
I have the Home Page bookmarked so I always go there first. I often spot stuff there that I might not attend to otherwise. James, I love your slide show. I wouldn't have seen it had I gone straight to the forums.

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Homepage first for me. Always.

Roger Clark
10-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Desmond,

If you resize the window, you should see changes. Unfortunately, in my testing, those changes make different buttons inactive, as I make the window smaller. I've tested with firefox, seamonkey (firefox under the hood), and IE8 and each shows some problems with buttons as the window width goes below about 1200 pixels. Basically, there was a software upgrade to vbulletin, and some of the old site designs were not compatible as I understand it. The owners are working on the problems. The new version should bring some nice new features.

Roger

Desmond Chan
10-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Desmond,

If you resize the window, you should see changes. Unfortunately, in my testing, those changes make different buttons inactive, as I make the window smaller. I've tested with firefox, seamonkey (firefox under the hood), and IE8 and each shows some problems with buttons as the window width goes below about 1200 pixels. Basically, there was a software upgrade to vbulletin, and some of the old site designs were not compatible as I understand it. The owners are working on the problems. The new version should bring some nice new features.

Roger

Thanks for the reply, Roger !

After seeing Dan's and Dave's replies on a thread I started re this issue, I started to think the size of the window and the resolution I use has something to do with what I've been seeing. I checked also the site on another monitor and I did not encounter the problem there.