PDA

View Full Version : Reddish Egret

Joel Eade
10-22-2010, 04:55 PM
This fella flew in and seemed "riled up" immediately.....he certainly had a major attitude about him which made for some entertainment and interesting shots.

1D MKIII + Tripod/Wimberly II
500mm f4L
manual mode
1/1250
f/5.6
ISO 400
evaluative metering

ACR and CS5, added a sliver of canvas on the left edge.

Bob Miller
10-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Wow Joel...This is a really great shot! I like the feather detail and the light. What kind of light was this? I might even add some more canvas.

Maureen Allen
10-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Beautiful light here and wonderful feather detail, Joel. What time of day was this taken?

Those reddish egrets are quick and active guys and do always seem to have an attitude!

Joel Eade
10-23-2010, 06:08 AM
Thanks Bob and Maureen, this was early morning with sun at our backs....probably 7:30 am or so.

Eric Patdu
10-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Lots of details on this beautiful bird. I love it.

I'm still a newbie but I would love to see a full reflection of the bird.

Julie Kenward
10-24-2010, 11:46 AM
You've got a very close HA here...it's almost away from us but there's still a nice amount of eye contact. That said, beautiful detail in the feathers and a really nice pose. This is one of those times where it's hard to pick a frame size/shape because the bird almost screams for a square crop. I think you did very well choosing what you did.

Joel Eade
10-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks Julie,

I think he was watching some small fish swimming around...I captured a frame a minute or so later with one in his mouth!

I posted it in the Avian forum a few minutes ago.

Thanks, I appreciate all the comments and critiques from everyone.