PDA

View Full Version : Attacked

Kiran Poonacha
10-22-2010, 07:37 AM
This is a Montagu's Harrier, During the first few days of their arrival here to winter,the resident birds really trouble them and this give us some shots like these.

Here I lost the wingtips of the left wing so I cropped down further to make this frame, hope you like it.

Spec: 1/8000, F 4, ISO 640

Mk4+500mm

Mital Patel
10-22-2010, 07:54 AM
bhai pure gold from our part for sure :) i dont want to say anything but to enjoy this gold stuff

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Kiran, there is a lot of drama in this shot..nice view of the talons, the peak-open bill. I dont mind the cropped wing but the cliped tail is bothersome....wondering if cutting it further will make it better.

Richard Unsworth
10-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Amazing shot

Im off to burn my kit....

Rich

Daniel Cadieux
10-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Wicked action!! I'm also thinking that cropping the tail even more may work to your advantage. Looks like there are signs of oversharpening.

RAM MALLYA
10-22-2010, 11:32 AM
EXTRA ORDINARY SHOT BHAI LOVED THE EXPRESSIONS ON THE FACE OF THE BIRD

Bhushan Dalvi
10-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Kiran, this is a beautiful capture. Full of action and drama. HA and open beak works nicely.

Daniel Cadieux
10-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Looks like there are signs of oversharpening.

I take that back. The monitor I was first looking at your image with was quite worthless...now at home and sharpness looks great.

Kiran Poonacha
10-23-2010, 01:49 AM
thanks Guys,

@ KD, I have the tail and more at the bottom, but the frame did not look right :confused:

As KD and Dan suggested I have cropped this further, Hope this adds well...

Thanks you all again and have a great weekend ahead..

Regards,

Kiran

Jim Crosswell
10-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Great action Kiran! Nice and sharp with an expressive pose.

Pieter de Waal
10-24-2010, 05:38 AM
What great action you have captured here Kiran - sharpness and exposure spot on and I like the colours and background. I do like the repost , very dramatic , pity to lose that great spread tail.

Craig Brelsford
10-25-2010, 08:21 AM
This is an exciting, valuable, and mostly successful shot. Who can't love the gaping expression on your harrier? You did many things right here. You put the sun behind you and beamed it directly on the harrier. Great job there. Were this shot mine, I'd be proud of it. But I'd also have a little feeling in my gut every time I looked at it, because you didn't quite reach perfection. I crave seeing the whole bird, and I can almost see it in my mind--you a few meters back, the bird a bit smaller in the frame, the entire wing and tail in the composition. The re-crop takes the original problem and makes it worse.