PDA

View Full Version : Old Timey Seagull

Christopher Miller
10-21-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't have many "by the sea" photos, but I did find this one that I took a few years ago on a trip to Maine. I cropped the image to a square; converted to B&W; applied two texture overlays, one of my own and one from Shadowhouse Creations("Latte (http://shadowhousecreations.blogspot.com/2010/04/organic-texture-set.html)"); and added a vignette.

Johan Kruger
10-21-2010, 03:31 PM
this is pretty amazing Christopher, you have definately accomplished what you set out to to. Looks like its from a few decades back rather than a few years :)

denise ippolito
10-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Christopher, Nice to see you posting in here again, since OOTB has just loosened up the guidelines I hope to see some of your Civil war images. I like the toning and the aging. The large square crop seems fitting for an older image. Nicely done.:)

Cheryl Slechta
10-21-2010, 07:49 PM
It looks like the picture is Civil War era:) Nicely done, Christopher.

Christopher Miller
10-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks, Johan, Denise, and Cheryl. I appreciate the comments. Denise, I will most definitely be posting some of my Civil war photos here! :)

Judy Howle
10-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Good job, it does look old! I like the textures.

i have an image with an old barn in it that I would like to post in "old photos' week, is that OK too?

Christopher Miller
10-22-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm sure it would be okay, Judy. I post pictures of my old barn here all the time. :)

Thanks for commenting!

Kerry Perkins
10-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Christopher, I love the treatment as always with your "aged look" treatment. I've always wanted to ask you if you have a collection of antique photos that you used for examples. I like the gull gazing off into the distance, I think it also has a timeless kind of feel.

Judy, you don't have to wait for old photo week!

Christopher Miller
10-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks, Kerry! No, I don't have a collection of old photos as references, though I will sometimes search the internet for old photos of the Civil War and such to inspire me.