PDA

View Full Version : Wave, what wave?

Kerry Perkins
10-19-2010, 11:16 PM
This little guy really needs to look around! :D

Did a lot with this image, starting with saving two different versions in LR2 - one normal and one with the clarity slider all the way to the left. This gave me an Orton effect. I took the resulting mix of the two layers into Nik CFX Pro and applied a blur vignette to give it a bit of an ethereal look. I punched up the blue and neutralized the whites to get the "blue sky" look. Then I made a new layer and used Topaz Clean to make the stylized look of the water. Made a layer mask and brushed most of the Clean effect out of the gull then added a gray gradient border. Whadda ya think? :cool:

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Kerry,

Greetings. The water looks great. Is the effect on the water mostly from Topaz Clean? (not wild about the border)

Cheers,

-Michael-

Hilary Hann
10-20-2010, 06:15 AM
I think this has turned out really well. I just love the positioning of the gull and the way you have the little dark lines (presume the water on the sand) on the shore. Overall a nicely graphic feel combined with a pretty colouration.

Johan Kruger
10-20-2010, 06:37 AM
The Topaz king does it again :) Like it very much Kerry

denise ippolito
10-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Crazy good here Kerry! I love it. The colors and the surf are great. I might take a very small slice off the bottom if it were mine-but that is just personal preference.

Paul Lagasi
10-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Wave is just a nicely done effect, the color, frothing all rock..foot raised on gull gives the idea he knows and is ready to scoot..TFS

Cheryl Slechta
10-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Really nicely executed, Kerry.:)

Andrew McLachlan
10-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Hi Kerry,

Love the look of the water and the incoming wave. Very Cool!

Judy Howle
10-20-2010, 07:11 PM
I really like the effects on the wave and the water. Nicely done!

Susan Candelario
10-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Kerry, I love the Gull looking right at you and the raised foot. The pp is fantastic and I do like the embossed border. If it were mine I would just move the Gull slightly lower in the frame so that the water line is not cutting thru its head. But overall Great Job!
~Susan

Christopher Miller
10-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Love the effect you got on the wave, Kerry. Very neat look! Love the colors and pose, and I agree with Denise on taking a bit off the bottom.