PDA

View Full Version : Night Heron (Black-Crownded)

Haim Ziv
10-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Mark II 600 mm small crop.
1/1250 f5 ISO100 blind.
Can not say for sure if he swallowed the fish. After several attempts, he just flew and hid beyond bushes.

Thank you for looking.
Appreciate all C and C.

Stu Bowie
10-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Haim, Ive never seen a night heron with a fish, let alone that size. Surely he couldnt manage that. Good sharp detail throughout, and I like that lovely red eye. Could you have moved to your left to try and get away from the foliage behind the head.

Dumay de Boulle
10-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Great detail and exposure and WOW!! What a catch

Haim Ziv
10-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Haim, Ive never seen a night heron with a fish, let alone that size. Surely he couldnt manage that. Good sharp detail throughout, and I like that lovely red eye. Could you have moved to your left to try and get away from the foliage behind the head.

Thank you Stuart.
I couldn't move and I really don't think the foliage is disturbing.

Andrew McLachlan
10-19-2010, 03:04 PM
That is one big fish for the night heron. Wonderful capture. I think the image is fine with or without the foliage. I am seeing what appear to be dust spots or something in the water looking like dust spots. One is in the ULC on left side of frame the other is near the LLC on bottom edge of frame. They are rather faint, but I would clone them out. Great shot Haim! Well done!

Van Hilliard
10-19-2010, 03:13 PM
That's a great shot. Wonderful detail and lighting and brilliant all around.

Jim Crosswell
10-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Nice detailed image of this BCNH. I think is eye is going to pop trying to get this fish down!

Arthur Morris
10-19-2010, 07:01 PM
What a bird. What a fish. What a good exposure. What great d-o-f. My favorite part of this great image is the curve of the fish and the detail in its scales. Way to go!

Daniel Cadieux
10-19-2010, 09:48 PM
I think is eye is going to pop trying to get this fish down!

That was my first thought too when first viewing the image!!

Awesome action, we can feel the heron's struggle with its catch. I personally wish the foliage wasn't there, but our attention is pretty much riveted to the main action. Good stuff!!

Martin Wallis
10-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Personally I think the BG looks surreal. Really cool! The detail of the bird and prey is great. Stunning shot, and again I love the BG.

DanWalters
10-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Great capture!Love the position of the fish and the eye really stands out!

Johan Kruger
10-20-2010, 03:09 PM
this is super sharp, lovely background except for the foilage, have you tried to take it out.

Haim Ziv
10-20-2010, 03:32 PM
this is super sharp, lovely background except for the foilage, have you tried to take it out.

Thank you Johan and thank you all.
No, i didn't tried to take the foliage out.
Honestly I don't think it's disturbing.