PDA

View Full Version : Wings

OvidiuCavasdan
10-19-2010, 01:21 PM
40D, EF100mm macro
F 20
1/80 sec
ISO 320
Manual mode, early morning light, tripod, cold morning allowed to get close (somewhere around MFD) to this (pale) clouded yellow, slightly crop.

Ken Childs
10-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Hey Ovidiu, you're good at getting close to these early morning butterflies! I really like close-up shots of butterfly wings so this is my kind of shot. You did a great job with the light and the colors look nice and natural. The BG is wonderful and really sets of the wing colors nicely. The only change I might make would be to crop in tighter from the top and the right, removing about ½ of the brown BG on those 2 sides. That would get the large spot in the lower left closer to a ROT spot. Very well done!:cheers:

Roman Kurywczak
10-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Hey Ovidiu,
Great job getting close and this is a wing detail you don't often get to see! As Ken mentioned the colors and light were perfect! I too love tight crops....so Ken's idea is a good one for me too.....but the OP is outstanding work as is fine as presented also!:cheers:

Steve Maxson
10-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Hi Ovidiu. I think Ken and Roman have pretty well covered it. You have a very nice study of patterns and colors - well seen and executed. I like the comp of the OP, but a tighter crop would also be a viable alternative. :) Very well done.

kostas nianiopoulos
10-20-2010, 04:59 PM
i love the warm colours in BG , and the closeup wings , for me a nicely done image well done Ovidiu !!

Bob Miller
10-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Very nicely done....colors work together well....only the black spot off center left bothers me but I know you could not do anything about it!