PDA

View Full Version : Autumn Swirls

Roman Kurywczak
10-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Had a great few days this weekend at Nick Palmieri's place in PA along with Susan Candelario shooting waterfalls. Will post a few from there when I get around to processing them. Susan has always wanted to do leaf swirls and we didn't get any big opportunities in Ricketts Glenn in PA but I know of an area in Hedden Park (a local NJ park in Morris county) that I had opportunities the last few years so she went there with me yesterday. Because the water level was a bit lower thatn in previous years......had 3 swirls going in the eddy's. All it needed was a few extra handfuls of leaves!
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 17-40mm lens at 29mm and ISO 100 for 15 seconds at f22 all tripod mounted w/ bubble level in hotshoe with the Singh Ray Vari ND filter used to get the slow SS to capture the swirls and the polariser to reduce the glare on the water. Saved at 60 quality to fit.

Susan Candelario
10-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Hey Roman,
Really like how the swirls interconnect with each other. Thanks so much for sharing so many great landscape tips & your extensive knowledge. You really know your thing guy!!! And of course thanks so much for getting me not only my swirls but a Trifecta yesterday.
Here is to you :cheers::cheers::cheers:
~Susan

denise ippolito
10-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Beautiful composition and the dreamy swirls are lovely. Sounds like you guys had a great time and thanks for inspiring us to push harder:)

Nick Palmieri
10-19-2010, 04:54 PM
That is so cool. Managing to get three swirls is over the top...You guys went without me? I wasn't working yesterday! Will send you a PM...

Roman Kurywczak
10-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Hey Nick,
I must have misunderstood since we spent the weekend at your place up in Ricketts Glenn.......thought I was the only one retired from "real" job and you were working! House was beautiful BTW and the hot tub was a real bonus after the hike;)! Thanks for the invite and we'll get to Hedden later in the week! Can't guarantee the 5 swirls Susan got but we'll work on it!

Nick Palmieri
10-19-2010, 05:28 PM
It seems impossible to get 5 swirls, there must have been a lot of eddy currents at Hedden park. Also the light must have been good since you managed to keep some detail in the water flow. Since I am helping you guys with the workshop on Sat maybe we could go on Sunday...

Dave Mills
10-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Roman, nice comp with the colored leaves and swirls adding to the image....good one!

Robert Amoruso
10-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Roman, nice comp with the colored leaves and swirls adding to the image....good one!

Agreed!

Don Hamilton Jr.
10-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Man, what a cool look, the swirls are the "bomb"!!! Food for thought, as i'm heading to the smokies in less than 10 days!
Don

Andrew McLachlan
10-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi Roman,

Simply superb!

Eric Virkler
10-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Excellent shot Roman. I like the rich colors and the composition (as well as the swirls).

Eric

Faces of Nature Photography
www.ericjvirkler.com (http://www.ericjvirkler.com)