PDA

View Full Version : Breath of Air

Paul Lagasi
10-18-2010, 09:13 PM
This is another composite image made from:

Mola Mola - WA pelagic trip, fin was from another phot I got during that trip
Sky - Ontario
Hills - Alaska

Tried to make the fish and water match the background, so it looks like after sundown, thats why it so dark

The Ocean Sunfish is 2200 lbs and eats jellyfish, love him already. I played with this today while recovering from getting 2 wisdom teeth removed. Then forgot where I put it (halcion will do that) :cool:, or how I did anything, god what am I gonna happen when they remove the other two.....:confused:

Thanks for Looking OOTB

denise ippolito
10-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Paul, This is wild but I must confess I'm not sure what kind of fin that is-Is it a boat? It looks like a small sail boat. The BG sky and mountains look great -BUT that fish is fantastic!!

Paul Lagasi
10-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Paul, This is wild but I must confess I'm not sure what kind of fin that is-Is it a boat? It looks like a small sail boat. The BG sky and mountains look great -BUT that fish is fantastic!!

Thanks Denise
If you look on-line the Ocean Sunfish has this long fin top and bottom..this actually is a fin from the fish....weird looking thing

Indranil Sircar
10-18-2010, 11:38 PM
That is really wild! Fantastic and believable composite... Love the fish, sky and mountain. All seem to have come together well. The fin looks slightly big... but works. Excellent work.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-19-2010, 12:12 AM
Paul,

Wow! That is really something! Wow! That is really something! Did I say that? Wow! That is really something!

Good show! (Be sure to do some editing when you have your other wisdom teeth out! :D )

Cheers,

-Michael-

denise ippolito
10-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Paul, That is what I thought at first but then my mind talked me into seeing a boat:2eyes2::confused::o. Very cool image and well done w/ the merges.

Andrew McLachlan
10-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Nice composite Paul! This looks really cool.

Cheryl Slechta
10-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Paul, Wow! That is some kind of fish. The horizon looks very ominous and I can hear the Jaws theme in the background:2eyes2: How many wisdom teeth do you have left? You could do an exhibition of images done under the influence:D

Judy Howle
10-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Scared me right out of the chair! ;) I think the drugs must have affected your creativity to come up with the spooky, monster fish concept. I love it!

Paul Lagasi
10-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Only 2 Cheryl...but looking forward to the next one......:confused:...NOT

Arthur Morris
10-19-2010, 09:11 PM
An amazingly creative production. I love, love love the foreboding mood of the foreground but the bright sky spoils that mood and draws the viewers eye from the subject. Try dropping in a really dark stormy sky and you might have a winner.

Paul Lagasi
10-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks to All for comments..

Artie: I wanted a bit of brightness in the sky because how else would we see the fish if it was dark. I did like the idea and searched all my files, didn't have a stormy sky but did had a cloudy one. It didn't look great so I converted it to B & W, what do you think?