PDA

View Full Version : Fungus in the spotlight

thijs broekkamp
10-18-2010, 01:02 PM
The sun shined like a spotlight on this fungus. Like to hear your comments

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae54/thijsbroekkamp/_MG_5185bwrktsrgbfull.jpg

pat lillich
10-18-2010, 01:16 PM
beautiful light and colors - I love the leaves and twigs that make up the base, did you try a version with less of the out of focus area at the very bottom?

Dave Leroy
10-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Very pretty picture.

That was my observation also, a decent crop off the bottom might add a lot to the photo.

Ken Childs
10-19-2010, 07:44 AM
Hey Thijs, please don't forget to post the camera and shooting specs.

I really like the forest litter in this shot. It adds a lot to this image. I'm in agreement that the OOF area in the FG should be cropped away and you'll need to crop some from the top to balance it out and after seeing what you've got then, maybe taking some off the right. I'd take a shot at lightening the shadow at the top of the stem.

I think a little housekeeping in the field would have gone a long way in making this look even better. There's an OOF leaf right at the base of the stem and something touching the right side of the stem about ½ way up and if you'd removed those beforehand, I think this interesting shot would have looked stronger.

Roman Kurywczak
10-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Hey Thijs,

I'm going to go the other route......I don't mind as much the OOF foreground.......but all the black is a bit bothersome to me. My personal preference would be to eliminate about 1/2 up top (unless it is a cover shot!).......this keep s the mood yet puts more emphasis on the mushroom and the forest floor.

Steve Maxson
10-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Hi Thijs. This was a nicely seen image in the field. Good sharpness and I like the slight angle of the mushroom's stem. We each have our own vision for this type of image and, in this case, my thoughts agree completely with those of Ken, above. :)