PDA

View Full Version : I became an artist overnight

Johan Kruger
10-18-2010, 10:32 AM
After learning about post processing tools like Topaz from the clever people on this forum I decided to give it a shot , seems like anybody can become an oil paint artist overnight ;)
My first try:
http://jat0ia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pOoM9mv8UAX5sseTtWB0EU560GIzFsfkVIaP8zwyvd1ijgAC wLPQUtIfmaEEcsyZxH2-gXvU26tRR0v5a6Cmwouu6sAzLBtd8/Zebra.JPG?psid=1

Paul Lagasi
10-18-2010, 11:24 AM
LOLOL Welcome....Just don't go cutting off your ear tonite...very nicely done, like the lines on the Zebras, colors and details....the black in the top right corner is a bit distracting.....TFS

Indranil Sircar
10-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Nice processing, Johan. I agree, most of these filters have definitely given us ways to create painting effect. But just as Artie says, we have to start with a good base image. That's where the artist in us show up just like in this image ;). I do like this composition a lot. Zebra patterns are always interesting and in this case it works well with the beautiful bg and colors. It is a bit tight on the bottom and taking a bit off the right, might make this a stronger composition, IMHO. Very nicely done. TFS and keep posting more such beautiful images!

denise ippolito
10-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Johan, All good points made above and I would probably crop some off the right also. The colors and effect are lovely. Nice work w/ the filter and glad you decided to go OOTB for this one.:)

Johan Kruger
10-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for looking and constructive comments. Paul, very funny chirp about the ear :) These guys were standing right next to the road and I was at 420mm fixed, original image included here. Not really good enough for much more than to play with (like in the original post)

http://jat0ia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pSZE7QmtZl7BnLhckJpsMIkKjnqyInRUKap1MPsOeGUP1GLY XBHGKYE5xd-SJFFQH3cGwlf3Z6gCGo6znzP4gu4fTHbuub6ku/IMG_2863.jpg?psid=1

Cheryl Slechta
10-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Johan, hope you keep your ear;) Great look you've created. I think I'd crop the right hand side and eliminate the lighter leg of the zebra which would also eliminate most of the darker area on the top. I really like the way this came out:)

Arthur Morris
10-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Love the bold look and the colors, especially those yellows on the subject. A good crop from the right to lose the dark area is the winning move for me.

ps: Welcome.

Christopher Miller
10-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Excellent work, Johan, and welcome to OOTB! I like the bold look to this, it works well with the zebra. Personally I don't like the blocky, pixelated look to the BG, but that's just me. Very nicely done.