Ken Childs
10-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Av mode
1/6"
F16
ISO:400
Canon 430EX: On, Fired (comp -3 w/wide panel)
LR & CS3
Tripod

Shot indoors with window light on right and a small amount of fill flash bounced off some white foam board on the left. BG is a OOF print of some grass. Cropped but not significantly. The throat isn't sharp because the frog was a little stressed and was breathing heavily.

thijs broekkamp
10-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Great sharpness and fresh background colours, fantastic picture!

pat lillich
10-18-2010, 01:13 PM
this is such a great picture! love the way the texture of the rock echos the texture of the frog - the light on his face is wonderful and incredible eye..

Steve Maxson
10-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Hi Ken. Tree frogs are one of my favorite critters and you really nailed this one!! I love how you handled the light and how it brings out all the texture in the frog's skin. There are a few bright spots on the front legs that you might want to tone down just a little. Excellent sharpness and DOF. I would wish that the throat was sharper, but at a ss of 1/6 that probably wasn't in the cards. OK, so how did you get it to hold that perfect pose for at least 1/6 sec?? :) Very well done!

Dave Leroy
10-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Wow lovely shot with a nice little head turn as well.

I really how the nice soft colours come through.

Ken Childs
10-18-2010, 07:05 PM
OK, so how did you get it to hold that perfect pose for at least 1/6 sec?? :) Very well done!
Cope's aren't particularly hyper and occasionally you find one that's rather mellow. My biggest problem was that it wanted to be directly facing the window and would rotate just as quickly as I could turn the rock. It finally stayed in place for a few seconds so I could snap a few shots. :)

Roman Kurywczak
10-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey Ken,
The light is the key here.....and it is fantastic!!! Glad he cooperated long enough as you knocked this one out of the park!

Andrew McLachlan
10-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Great shot Ken!

Dan Brown
10-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Beautiful soft lighting Ken! The greens are really nice. Sharpness is really good, BG is smooth. The blur in the throat is not the best thing but it does show life!