PDA

View Full Version : Columbine

Roman Kurywczak
03-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Getting spring fever in NJ. Yeah........I like them tight! Local NJ Garden with the digital Rebel and th Sigma 180mm macro. Slight crop off left to get rid of distracting shadow area. Handheld at ISO 200, 1/100th od a sec. at f22 and the MT24 twin lights at +2/3.
As always, comments welcomed and appreciate,
Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
www.roaminwithroman.com (http://www.roaminwithroman.com)

Chris Ober
03-12-2008, 03:02 PM
One of my favorite flowers and portrayed very nicely here. It's a little too tight for my tastes. the line the notch in the leaf at lower right creates is a little distracting and keeps from an otherwise nice background.

Alfred Forns
03-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Fully agree with Chris !!!! I do like the bold colors and saturation !!! Very fine image !!!!

Robert O'Toole
03-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Overall I like the image, the sharpness and color are good.

2 things come to mind that havent been mentioned above but could improve the image. Getting lower so that the camera is on the same plane as the bloom, as it is now we are looking down. The second is the lighting. I dont know if tripods were allowed here but I would rather see natural light, or a mix, than the flat flash lighting. This is a personal preference but full power undiffused flash images, to me can look over "flashed".

Robert