PDA

View Full Version : WATER WINGS

gary ellwein
10-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Mid AM, clear, sitting in the mud. D200, Nikkor 200-400mm, 1.4 TC, focal length 420mm, f 6.3, 1/1000, iso 400, hand held. Critique and comments appreciated.

Fred Canter
10-17-2010, 11:14 PM
I like how you've captured the water spray from the duck and have the face of the duck in focus. The angle of the water with the duck in the middle really adds to the shot. All in all I'd say you captured what you saw very well.

Cheryl Flory
10-18-2010, 05:57 AM
very unique capture! very nice focus.
I'd try adding some contrast or saturation to the water splash to make it stand out even more, and perhaps crop some from the top. nice capture!

Bill Dix
10-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Well seen and captured. I like the comp (maybe just a tad off the top) and the head emerging from the water spray.

Julie Kenward
10-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Excellent timing, ss, and exposure! I especially like how the water trail flows to the right side of the image, leading my eye across and back to the duck again. I'd say this is a pretty rare image - how often do you get one where there is this much water and the face of the duck is perfectly in focus? With a good head angle? And nicely lit? Amazing...

John Chardine
10-18-2010, 07:28 PM
I like everything about this image Gary. These are the ones that are difficult to get! I should know because I have failed miserably so far. The image really speaks for itself but I really like the way the bird is peaking from behind the bow wave she has produced. All the techs are great. For the wall the only thing I might consider is evening up the dark part of the upper BG at the left hand side.