PDA

View Full Version : My First Algonquin Moose

Andrew McLachlan
10-17-2010, 05:04 PM

A light-hearted image I guess.

Since I have rotten luck with Moose in Ontario's Algonquin Provincial Park, I decided, one year, that I was going to get my Moose one way or another! So....off to the toy store I went.

I handheld the Moose in front of my 12-24mm lens @ 12mm (effective focal length 18mm).

Look forward to comments.

Cheryl Slechta
10-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Andrew, I'm still laughing:D It really does look life like and you captured him beautifully:cheers:

denise ippolito
10-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Andrew, You made me laugh for sure! I was wondering why you would chop off the legs.... Great framing between the trees and a fun image:)

Andrew McLachlan
10-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Thanks Denise and Cheryl. Glad you got a chuckle out of this one. :D Denise, I'm not really sure why I cut off the legs other than I was holding him in front of the lens and didn't want my hand in the photo. If there was something near the shore I could have stood him on I would have done that, but it was black muck where I was standing. Rest assured though, he will be accompanying me on many future trips to Algonquin. :)

denise ippolito
10-17-2010, 07:29 PM
:):)

Paul Lagasi
10-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Ok this is too much...:)..great OOTB thinking

Kerry Perkins
10-17-2010, 09:33 PM
I love it... Thanks for the laugh! I think you may have started something, now that we know Moose will be traveling with you. I can see it now - "where's Moose today?". Just like that gnome in a certain commercial series. :D I know your imagination can run with that. ;) I could see him being worked into every theme.

PS - do you have a mountain lion? I'm still searching...

Indranil Sircar
10-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Good one, Andrew. I think you may have to create a special prop now that the moose is travelling with you! I remember the cutout from 'Up in the Air'... we may want to see the collection moose locations (another idea for a theme..)

Andrew McLachlan
10-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks again for the kind words. I'll try to work on more "Travels with Moose" images for everyone. :)

Ken Childs
10-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks again for the kind words. I'll try to work on more "Travels with Moose" images for everyone. :)
LOL!!
I'm looking forward to the series! :D