1/1250
f/6.3
ISO 400
Tripod + Wimberly II gimbal

ACR and CS5

Randy Stout
10-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Joel:

Active pose with nice exposure. Very sharp on near wing, but a little less sharp on head and bill.
A little tight for my taste, consider a bit more canvas top and bottom.

The Hooptie Deux rocks!

Cheers

Randy

Marina Scarr
10-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Hi Joel:

I like the wings up and their movement here, as well as the raised foot. Like the smooth BG and seeing the droplets of water off the bird's wings. This capture could use some more canvas and some sharpening of the head.

This is not a Glossy Isis. This is a juvenile White Ibis believe it or not. It will become white and it's beak totally red over time.

Marina

Joel Eade
10-17-2010, 10:42 AM
:o oops...sorry for the wrong ID !!!

Arthur Morris
10-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Yes to tight but awesome light and pose. And so, so sharp. I love the orientation of the bird and the perfect head angle.

Joel Eade
10-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks for looking and critiquing (honestly and gently).... I had some canvas to the left in the RAW but not on top bottom or right....so I did a little canvas extension in PP...is this better?

PS failed to mention in the original post that I had cloned out the tail of a gull that was protruding in from the right side.

Jim Fenton
10-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Love the pose and the sharpness looks fine to me. Agree with the comments about it being too tight in the frame.

Great BG color.

The one thing to me is that the light looks too harsh...if those whites were toned down just a hair it to me at least, present better.

I would either close on use the spot healing bruh to het rid of the spectral highlights (probably water droplets) in the vicinity of the feet.

Arthur Morris
10-17-2010, 07:26 PM
It is much better even with just a bit more room. Excellent suggests by Jim above. In addition, with the far wing in shade it has a blue cast that could be eliminated.

DanWalters
10-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Like the extra room. Also like the outstretched wings and the raised foot as well.

Troy Lim
10-18-2010, 09:36 PM
How about a bit more room on the bottom?