PDA

View Full Version : Little Egret

Jonathan Ashton
10-17-2010, 03:09 AM
Canon 7D Canon 500mm f4 L IS ISO 200 -0.67 1/2000 sec f8. Another shot from the local marina when it was drained for inspection purposes. The shot was taken from a jetty, I was in fact focussing on a more distant heron but this Little Egret kept coming closer.
All C&C welcome.

Randy Stout
10-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Jonathan:
It pays to be flexible, and keep your eyes open for other opportunities. Well done.
Well exposed, muddy foot is perhaps not elegant looking, but that is where they live!
Because the reflection is weak, could consider cropping up a bit

Cheers

Randy

Marina Scarr
10-17-2010, 09:37 AM
One of the details of this capture which I particularly like is the muddy raised foot, and that talon. It adds interest to this scene. I would remove the highlight from the reflection of the foot. You have a nice angle and good exposure. I would crop some off the bottom and a tad off the right.

Marina

Arthur Morris
10-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Love most everything about this one: the sharpness, the very sweet exposure, the bright whites, the head angle and resulting well lit eye and face, and the muddy foot. A crop from above your signature would work but a pano crop eliminating the REFL of the white feathers on the leg might be even stronger. Then lose the one remaining black mud streak and you will be good to go. Love the BLUEs here.

Ivan Sjögren
10-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Very nice image. There's many pictures at egrets but this one is a little bit different. I like the muddy foot in a perfect pose, the sharpnes and well controled whites.
Good crooping suggestions above of taking a bit from the bottom and a small bit on the right. Thanks for sharing.

Daniel Cadieux
10-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Very strong image, tons of impact. The suggested crop would strengthen it even more!

P.S. The tiny streak of muddied water splashing away from the foot is just too good!!:cool: