PDA

View Full Version : Water drop

Grahame Hamblin
10-16-2010, 11:28 PM
D300 100 macro f16 2 flashes one at 125/ the other at 1/64 drop on drop with trigger is delay too short or too long any ideas not worried about rubbish dish not clean or are verticals good enough

Paul Lagasi
10-17-2010, 05:41 AM
Grahame...since I saw people posting drops, I've wanted to try and do this....nice attempt.
I imagine this a pretty healthy crop. As to the image, I'd fix up the horizon (level) a bit and maybe run some NR...
I've never tried it..why are the flashes set to different settings? TFS

Susan Candelario
10-17-2010, 03:29 PM
D300 100 macro f16 2 flashes one at 125/ the other at 1/64 drop on drop with trigger is delay too short or too long any ideas not worried about rubbish dish not clean or are verticals good enough
Hi Grahame,

I like the teal color. This look to me like just one water drop. The drop that you see at the top of the water column is not your second drop, it is the form that is created at the end of the cycle of a single rebounding water drop. So by just looking at this one image I would tend to say your delays are too short. Aside from the other variables, as for the delays you have to play with both the delay in between the drops falling as well as the delay in which the camera is triggered and your flash units fire.
Keep having fun... can't wait to see more.
HTH
~Susan

denise ippolito
10-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi Grahame, Great advice given by Susan. I like the color also and think that you did a good job getting the drop on top. Looking forward to seeing more!:)

Kerry Perkins
10-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi Grahame, you are going to be hooked on these now - count on it! Agree with comments above. I'm sure we'll be seeing more... ;)