PDA

View Full Version : Sensible

David Estepa
10-16-2010, 08:28 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/35d2kg2.jpg

Steve Maxson
10-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Welcome to Macro, David. This is an intriguing first post and I like the fine detail you captured in the flower head. What plant is this? Please also include some information about how you took this image and the gear/methods you used. The sticky at the top of this forum entitled "Posting Instructions and Guidelines" will be helpful to you - see the section titled "Help Us, Help You." This additional information will help us make more meaningful comments on your photos. You can easily include this information via a Quick Reply.:) I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Roman Kurywczak
10-19-2010, 09:46 AM
HI David,
Welcome to the forum! I will critique this w/o the specs.....but as Steve mentioned please do post them so we may offer any additional advice.

Simple seed head comps can be effective and you do have excellent sharpness on it. I do think the BG lines and stuff hurt this image a bit as does the composition.....just a bit too much space. If you browser crop (scroll with the browser to visualize a crop) to just below the white blob at the top of the frame you will see how this improves this quickly. Remove the same amount on the right and clean up the BG lines.....you have a winner! The light is beautiful and it is sharp.....so keeping these ideas in mind for in the field will help greatly but you can also do the tweaks in PP'ing to take this up a notch or two. Looking forward to more of your posts and a big welcome again.