PDA

View Full Version : The philosophy of forums

Jeff Nadler
01-03-2008, 07:19 PM
I just traveled deep into the philisophical corners my mind, after reading the discussion on NSN about this new website. It's interesting to think about the pondering of bird focus, types of critiques to be given, membership info, photographers coming and going, equipment knowledge, digital knowledge, and other technical things. But to me, it really comes down to nature photography forums are really communities, all about people. Despite bits and bytes, megapixels, F stops, and digitalmania, we as humans still crave and need interpersonal contact and relationships. We would not be happy and perhaps not even surivive without it. (hmm, was this the theme of the Matrix series). Any new forum-based website that is born, is really the result of people desiring to have a means of communicating, bonding, and sharing a passion . . .in this case photography. This will always be a positive. If this is thought of instead of competition, reasons for existence, etc., the rewards will be there. My best wishes for success and fulfillment in moving ahead with this vision to all who invest their energy and time.

Jeff Nadler
01-03-2008, 07:21 PM
oh yeah, happy new year!

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks, Jeff.

My only wish is that we can all share our passion in peace, there's room for everyone, and we will all benefit from trying to raise the standards :)

Gyorgy Szimuly
01-03-2008, 08:12 PM
I fully agree with you. There are some points however which makes the building of relationship difficult. I personally feel being a bit separated geographically from the vast majority of members here or on another forum, lets call community. Normally I post a lot, commenting and trying to get in touch guys here and there no matters where the buddy lives. The reactions are different from open to a closed reception. When you meet members of the same community you belong to brings more possibility to form any kind of relationship. You immediately have something common to remember. Somehow in Europe guys are more isolated and closed and there are no initiative to meet each others.

So the best thing one can do to travel to NAm and participate in one of the workshops and just having fun with the well known guys and ladies. :D

Szimi

Alfred Forns
01-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Understand what you are saying and it makes sense Jeff

Could not have placed it in words better than Fabs, Thanks

James Shadle
01-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Aye Man, Brother

Maxis Gamez
01-04-2008, 06:01 AM
Fab,

Nothing left to say. BPN will change the way photographers express them self.