PDA

View Full Version : Hard work

yeshwanth gowda
10-15-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1478760343191&set=a.1212983578938.2032742.1659244147

Ken Childs
10-15-2010, 01:30 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41044_1478760343191_1659244147_31170625_3422424_n. jpg
Hi Yeshwanth, welcome to the macro forum!

When you are not using BPN to host your images, you'll need to do a few things to get your images to show up here. First you need to find the exact location of your picture. I followed your link and then right clicked on the picture and chose "Copy Image Location". I am using Firefox but I'm sure most browsers will use a similar procedure to get the needed URL. I then pasted that URL here in this post. Then put in front of that URL and after the URL. I can't show it exactly but that is what I did to get your picture to show up here.

URL for picture goes here

To make sure you have done it correctly, you should always Preview your posts before submitting them. Some photo hosting sites such as Photobucket make it easy and all you have to do is copy and past the needed code. You also need to post information about the camera and settings that were used and some info about how it was edited is also needed. Look at other posts and you'll see what I mean.

I don't have time right now to do a proper critique right now but I wanted to get the photo showing up so others can see it. :)

Steve Maxson
10-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Welcome to Macro Yeshwanth! This is a striking first post and I'm glad that Ken was able to retrieve the photo for us to view. Please also include some information about how you took this image and the gear/methods you used. The sticky at the top of this forum entitled "Posting Instructions and Guidelines" will be helpful to you - see the section titled "Help Us, Help You." This additional information will help us make more meaningful comments on your photos. You can easily include this information via a Quick Reply.

This is an amazing behavioral photo. Was the wasp/hornet carrying mud for nest building or is this a food item? My first impression is that the wasp is too centered in the frame - I think a crop off the top and right would improve the comp. :) I hope to see more of your images.

yeshwanth gowda
10-16-2010, 01:07 AM
Thanx Ken and Steve, As this was my first post I did not know how to post. These wasps(EUMENID) use clay or mud to build there nests make cells and lay eggs in the cells. i was waiting for it to bring the clay to its nest and clicked before it landed.
Canon 40D, canon 105mm F2.8 macro~ISO 400~1/125sec~F7.1~

Ken Childs
10-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Hey Yeshwanth, Steve's point about the composition is exactly what I was thinking. I would also consider trying to tone down the bright areas on the wings. I don't know what software you are using to edit with but in Photoshop, I would use the clone tool with a soft brush at about 20% and would lightly brush over those areas using another part of the wing as the source. You don't need to make those spots disappear, you just want to tone them down s they aren't so obvious.

This is a great shot to start your posting with and I'm looking forward to more of your work! :cheers:

yeshwanth gowda
10-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Thanx Ken , for your motivation , will post more of them .

Steve Maxson
10-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Thanx Ken and Steve, As this was my first post I did not know how to post. These wasps(EUMENID) use clay or mud to build there nests make cells and lay eggs in the cells. i was waiting for it to bring the clay to its nest and clicked before it landed.
Canon 40D, canon 105mm F2.8 macro~ISO 400~1/125sec~F7.1~

Thanks for posting this additional information, Yeshwanth. Did you use flash also? 1/125 sec does not seem nearly fast enough to stop the motion so precisely. I like Ken's suggestion to tone down some of the specular highlights in the wings. Keep them coming. :)