View Full Version : Common Tern.

Haim Ziv
10-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Mark II 600 mm with 1.4TC.
f7.1 1/1600 ISO400 little crop.

Thank you for all C and C.

Geoff Warnock
10-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Lovely interaction. What is the nest made of actually? It looks like croutons to me!

A_Maddah
10-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi Haim
Great shot.superb timing.beautiful wing pose and good compo.TFS

Asad

Marina Scarr
10-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Love the behavior and action you have captured here. The open wings are so artistic. It almost looks as though the tern on the nest is bowing down to his incoming mate. Extremely well captured with nice light and BG.

Randy Stout
10-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Haim:

Striking image, well exposed, great poses.
If you don't have more of the reflection below, I would consider cloning out the red feet as they really draw the eye. Could consider a slight crop from left if not bothered by more square crops.

Very well done.

Cheers

Randy

Haim Ziv
10-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Lovely interaction. What is the nest made of actually? It looks like croutons to me!

Thank you Geoff and Thank you all.
The nest made of big salt cube.

Haim Ziv
10-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Haim:

Striking image, well exposed, great poses.
If you don't have more of the reflection below, I would consider cloning out the red feet as they really draw the eye. Could consider a slight crop from left if not bothered by more square crops.

Very well done.

Cheers

Randy

Thank you Randy.
I don't have more reflection below and I really thought that the reflection of the red feet will give the feeling how far the bird is from the water even if you can see that by looking at the nest reflection.
Sorry, I don't like square crop even if I have the felling that the comp of this picture are not so good.

Stu Bowie
10-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Cool landing pose of the landing Tern, and I like the symmetry of the wings. I like how the other tern is looking to see where the other is going to land. The only thing I would change is cloning out the feet in the reflection.

Jonathan Ashton
10-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Wonderful timing the only thing missing for me are the eyes.

Arthur Morris
10-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Even though I wish that the bird on the salt nest were parallel to the imaging sensor I love this image; the interaction, the raised wings, and the light are all wonderful.

I would definitely crop from the bottom just above the reflection of the red feet but would leave all else alone. Doing so would bring it closer to 3X2.

Chris van Rooyen
10-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Great moment, great light, great sharpness:). Agree with Artie's cropping suggestion.

Dumay de Boulle
10-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Very nice..I love the wing position