PDA

View Full Version : The Profile of a fly

kostas nianiopoulos
10-15-2010, 06:31 AM
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5968/mg1328.jpg

sorry i can't remember what i have done with the PS ijn file it is from the summer i think ., the only thing i can tell u for sure is the , crop and the levels , canon 50d 1/80 f14 iso 400 EF USM IS 100MM MACRO l . thanks for watching

Cheryl Flory
10-15-2010, 10:04 AM
very sharp image! I keep finding my attention drawn to the very distinct and sharp hairs, and wishing there was as much emphasis and as many details in the eye. I never thought that I would want a fly looking me straight in the eye. :) But I find myself wishing for that here.

Rene Quenneville
10-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Wow, great view of a fly. Exposure is good and it is very sharp.

Maybe cropping the bottom part at the knee level would strenghten the com.

Bob Miller
10-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Hi kostas....I like this alot! Great closeup view with lots of detail...lighting is a bit harsh but you may have needed that to keep your shutter and dof. You might consider blending the bg a bit more with a 20% opacity brush. load your brush with the color in the top left corner and then paint to blend bg.

Steve Maxson
10-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi Kostas. Good job of getting this close to the fly with that lens. Was this a large crop? This is indeed an up close and personal view of this critter! I think the image would have even more impact if you had moved a bit to your right so that the fly was facing slightly toward us rather than slightly away. I like Bob's suggestion to try blending the background a little more - especially the light green area just in front of the fly's mouth. I'm also seeing some, what I assume to be, sharpening halos - you might try backing off a little on the sharpening. :)

kostas nianiopoulos
10-16-2010, 03:19 AM
Hi Steve , i Think it was a large crop yes , and i agree with about to move a bit to the right

Art Kornienko
10-16-2010, 06:36 AM
The lighting does seem harsh, the artifiacts on the eye are distracting and the bg is busy for me. It also seems to be way oversharpened as I see numerous halos.