PDA

View Full Version : One more Horned Lark - well, make that two!

Daniel Cadieux
10-15-2010, 05:48 AM
With a second Lark lurking in the BG I was experimenting adding it to the comp by moving a bit left and right as it was moving about (with the front one just about stationary). It stayed put for a few seconds in this current comp, but I had to wait (and really hope) for a head turn from it. It did and I had time for a couple of images before it resumed its roaming ways:). The OOF individual was much richer in colours, and the face patterns bolder...I kinda wish they had switched places, but alas, it was much more nervous than the other one...

Canon 40D + 100-400L @400mm, manual exposure, evaluative metering (metered off grass and histogram checked), 1/320s., f/6.3, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, slight crop bottom and right for comp.

Stu Bowie
10-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Hey Dan, he certainly has the eye on you, and good angle to see both eyes. I like your comp as is, with good placement of the lark in the LLC. Good use of DOF too. You mentioned the lark at the back had the better colours, could you not have focused on him for an individual shot?

Randy Stout
10-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Daniel:

These guys really like to hunker down. Well exposed, sharp on front bird.
The back bird does add some more interest to the composition. I kind of wish the poses were more symmetrical, or there was some sense of interaction between the two.

Cheers

Randy