PDA

View Full Version : Adult and Juvie Mississipi kites

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-14-2010, 11:48 AM
One more from last month. This "exchange of food" interaction lasted only for a few seconds with lots of wing-flapping. So I consider myself lucky to get a nice view of the two heads.

One branch cloned in URC.

40D. 400 f5.6L. f/7.1. iso 400. 1/1600s. evaluative metering +1

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-14-2010, 11:53 AM
In hindsight, I think I should have cropped more on the right side. So here's a quick repost. Is this better or not really?

Marina Scarr
10-14-2010, 12:48 PM
This is an amazing behavior/action photograph. Would have loved to see this in person! I think on the repost you cropped too much of the branch. I love the way the adult has given you a slight head turn almost as though she knows you are watching.

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-14-2010, 12:51 PM
I think on the repost you cropped too much of the branch.

Yep...I agree. Thx a lot.

Pieter de Waal
10-14-2010, 03:34 PM
I like the behaviour captured here which gives me a sense of movement and life to the photograph.Would have been a bonus if the adult had raised its wings. Good eye contact and handling of the bright light conditions.Well captured.

adrian dancy
10-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Over all this is a splendid image. Not so much a criticism but a wish...I would have wished that the bill belonging to the bird on the right was a little further up and away from the wing. I might also consider experimenting with cloning out part of the twig that crosses over the tail of the bird on the left....a personal choice of course. I would not crop so much on the right as the branch forms part of the natural framing. Everything else is fine...nice work.

Arthur Morris
10-14-2010, 06:59 PM
I like the original crop best and I agree with Adrian on the bill of the right hand bird. IAC it is a wonderful image. The one experience that I had with the species they were landing only in tall cluttered trees...
I love the spread wing and tail of the young one.

Stu Bowie
10-15-2010, 01:59 AM
Kaus, super interaction captured, and I like the sharp detail. I actually prefer the OP, as I feel you may have cut too much away on the tree on the RHS.