PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Watkins

Leroy Laverman
03-12-2008, 01:52 AM
Reflection of Mt. Watkins in mirror lake under the base of half dome in Yosemite national park. I'm not sure I like the composition here. I'd hate to loose the reflection but in some ways I think it looks more balanced that way. Suggestions?

Nikon D80
Nikon 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5 w/ CP filter
ISO 100 f/8.0 1/250 sec

Robert Amoruso
03-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Leroy,

The composition works well. When you have a reflection like this, having the horizon near/at the middle of the frame is AOK. I like how you crop the tree at right (right up the middle) and peak at left (as it ascended in the frame). Nice work.

Alfred Forns
03-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Just a gorgeous image !!! One of the classic landscapes Everything works for me !!!! Big Congrats !!!

Blake Shadle
03-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Very nice work. I really like the composition and the reflection is beautiful. The only thing that I wish were different is the rock in the lower left. It seems a bit out of place and breaks up the reflection. Keep up the fine work.

Leroy Laverman
03-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Good point Blake. I had actually brightened it up a bit in post, but now that you mention it I think I'll cut that overlay layer out and leave it in more of a shadow. I really would have liked to get a horizontal shot of this scene but my widest lens is 24mm and with the digital crop factor it's not so good for landscapes like this.