PDA

View Full Version : Killarney Painting

Andrew McLachlan
10-13-2010, 08:41 PM

Thanks again to Denise for adding the link to Fotosketchers. As soon as I saw it I thought that it would be neat to try on some of my Killarney Provincial Park (Ontario) images and try to get the Group of Seven look to them. So here it is my first attempt with Fotosketchers.

Look forward to your comments.

Judy Howle
10-13-2010, 10:17 PM
I really like the effect! I was playing with Fotosketcher today too. Will be posting one soon.

Kerry Perkins
10-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Very nice look Andrew. Definitely has a nice painterly look and rich colors. I like the reflection of the tiny island. I might want to crop most of the big clouds from the top to help keep the focus on the nice trees.

denise ippolito
10-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Andrew, I think you did a great job w/ the filter. The water looks lovely as do the trees. I agree w/ Kerry regarding a crop and I might give it a slight rotation-very painterly indeed. I can't wait to see what else you come up with!:)

Indranil Sircar
10-14-2010, 01:59 AM
Nice composition and effect, Andrew. It almost looks like a Holga print! Fotosketcher has certainly brought out nice painterly effect. Agree on the crop suggestion. TFS.

Christopher Miller
10-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Very lovely scene and great painting effect, Andrew. I like the current crop just fine, because I think the clouds balance the island very nicely. Just my opinion.