PDA

View Full Version : Lake Rico Fall Color

Myer Bornstein
10-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Lake Rico is in Massasoit State Park in Taunton, MA and borders Middleboro Ave. This is a 5 picture Panoramic stitched in PS and adjusted with NIK Viveza 2 to heighten the colors. late afternoon with sun from over my shoulder. Polarizing Filter. Nikon D2s Nikon 18-35mm lens @21 mm 1/3 sec f 20. Tripod ISO 200

Myer Bornstein
10-13-2010, 02:49 PM
I noticed the the colors in the post are not as vivid as the original JPEG ? reason

Rene Quenneville
10-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Beautiful comp. Shows a little dark on my monitor (could be my monitor).
I like the colors but I am not sure if the use of a polarizer is recommended when stitching images. In this picture we see a big difference in the polarization between the left and right sky area.

Robert Amoruso
10-14-2010, 06:55 AM
Rene,

Brought up a good point on the use of a polarizer when doing a panned stitch.

Overall I like the composition as it readily draws the eye from left to right into the image. I also like the grass in the lower right portion as well as it keeps the eye on the water.

I would open up the shadows on the left portion of the image and remove the vignetting in the upper right.

Not sure if this is optical illusion or what but it seems that the whole image is rotated CW and looks to be running downhill. Looking at the slant of the distant clouds confirms this to me.

Roman Kurywczak
10-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Hey Myer,
The use of a polariser is definitely not recommended for stitching for the above mentioned reasons......it is a bit dark on my monitor too and I do like Robert's tweak suggestions.....including the slight rotation. Personally.....I would have preferrred a touch more grass base on the right.....not much......but not a deal breaker. The small tweaks will take this up a notch or two but do keep in mind the polariser for stitching next time out in the field.

Dave Mills
10-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi Myer, Great advice especially on the polariser in relation to panos. Agree on a bit more reeds in the foreground and the appearance of a tilt downwards. I might have left just a bit more room above the dominant trees on the left...

Myer Bornstein
10-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks all for your comment I added some canvas to the top, lightened the shadows and straightened out the picture

Myer Bornstein
10-14-2010, 02:12 PM
now the colors look like I wanted