PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Egret

Jay Sheinfield
10-13-2010, 06:28 AM
This a re-post from the ETL forum OP earlier this year. I finally got around to adding some canvass as suggested and was looking for feedback on the overall image and comp. The HA is a touch off as he was looking for for his next catch.

Nikon D3s
1000 mm
1/1000 sec @ f/9
ISO 200

Thanks for looking.............

Tim Munsey
10-13-2010, 06:33 AM
Amazing photo, looks like a painting, perhaps a little tight in the frame.

stuart wanuck
10-13-2010, 11:05 AM
like the image if you have a few moments perhaps you could explain your technique to add canvas thank you

Arthur Morris
10-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi Jay, A nice stately pose along with pleasing habitat and nice green reflections. The whites look too gray and the head angle is way less than ideal. Good to see you posting here and thanks a ton for your membership support.

Jay Sheinfield
10-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi Art, Always great to get your feedback. I'm working on the whites.......................re-post coming (my first whack at it). Agree on HA. You are welcome on the membership support, and, considering the benefits I'm getting from this and specially the Macro forum, it has been well worth it.

Stuart, In CS5 I selected a crop inside the borders of the image, then dragged it beyond the borders to the size I wanted. Then, a matter of cloning the perimeter colors into the new canvass...........there may be better ways!

Arthur Morris
10-13-2010, 07:08 PM
The whites are whiter and thanks for your kind BPN words :)