PDA

View Full Version : Some crazy tree

Tim Munsey
10-13-2010, 04:58 AM
http://www.wildphotolife.co.uk/Eire/slides/Bog%20Wood_2.jpg

Taken in Ireland this year, boggy landscape.

Tim
Nikon D3, 14-24mm, F/8

Morkel Erasmus
10-13-2010, 07:04 AM
interesting patterns on the tree and love the sky...HDR has brought out very nice detail, though I do feel it could be a bit more "naturally" blended...if you stick to Photomatix you can run a Tone-compressor and a Details-enhancer algorithm and then blend the 2 to taste in Photoshop :)

Judy Howle
10-13-2010, 10:32 PM
The tree is terrific! You might try Morkel's suggestion although I like it as is. I have never thought of processing one that way and will have to try it.

Robert Amoruso
10-14-2010, 06:45 AM
Tim,

You worked the composition well. Using the wide-angle you exaggerated the perspective of the tree and the sky. I like how the left leaning tree is balanced with the right leaning clouds.

One thing I would have suggested. The portion of the truck on the left that curves down and intersects the horizon - placing the camera a bit lower would have gotten all the upper portion with a sky background.

Roman Kurywczak
10-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Hey Tim,
Agree with Robert on the bit of the tree touching the horizon......but not a deal breaker at all!!! I love dead trees and this one has great texture and shape. I love the way it follows the sweep of the clouds. I do like the OP look.....but Morkel's idea is worth exploring just for comparison. Overall, a very nice job with the simple comp but very well executed!:cheers:

Dave Mills
10-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi Tim, Good advice above. Impact is what separates the good with the excellent. In this case the image has strong impact due to the play of the tree against the clouds. The detail is popping out in the tree which gives the image great interest.
The effect is subjective but I like it!!

pat lillich
10-16-2010, 11:12 PM
wow! I love how it looks like reality has been grabbed at the middle and yanked/exploded towards the upper right. wonderful image - gorgeous processing.