10-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Dear all

Masai Mara, on foot hills of Mara Serena Lodge , early in morning
7D , 300/2.8 , ISO 400 , cropped
All comments are welcome
Harshad

Sid Garige
10-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Excellent pose and comp Harshad. Killer exposure and light.

Ken Watkins
10-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Harshad,

She certainly has, and looks extremely comfy as well.

You have managed to get the pupils which is always nice to see.

The colours look richer than before, I suppose if I was being really picky I might try to remove the OOF grasses in bottom laft hand corner.

Harshad Barve
10-12-2010, 11:10 PM
I suppose if I was being really picky I might try to remove the OOF grasses in bottom laft hand corner.

You know my thoughts on that tool in PS :)

Santosh Tigga Saligram
10-13-2010, 03:32 AM
Oh my, she most certainly does. What lovely eyes, deliciously green and plain background and what a delightful pose! Certainly looks a lot like one of those posters you see painted outside national parks and always dream of getting a photograph resembling it!
The only thing I might have done is composed with less space on the right and more to the left and gone for a squarer crop.
Also, did you make any close-ups of only the face sitting on the paws with a longer focal length?
Thank you for sharing.

Morkel Erasmus
10-13-2010, 03:48 AM
compo, DOF, soft light and pose are perfect for me here Bhai! did you use both Canon and Nikon kit on your trip? how did you find the Canon 300mm f2.8 (did you buy or rent or loan)?

Harshad Barve
10-13-2010, 03:57 AM
compo, DOF, soft light and pose are perfect for me here Bhai! did you use both Canon and Nikon kit on your trip? how did you find the Canon 300mm f2.8 (did you buy or rent or loan)?

I had both kits with me , 300/2.8 ( Loaned ) is just razor sharp, Some of my friends in India call it as God's own lens :)

Rachel Hollander
10-13-2010, 07:08 AM
Harshad - love this one. Nice strong pose and I like the low perspective.

TFS,
Rachel

Arthur Morris
10-13-2010, 04:26 PM
You know my thoughts on that tool in PS :)

Harshad, As I recall you were once thrilled that I suggested a way for you to remove a good section of a dam from a tiger image.... Have you changed your stripes or was that not you ? :)

Gen Benjamin
10-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Lovely image of a beautiful cat. TFS
Gen

Hilary Hann
10-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Love the low perspective, dof and pose and look of the lioness … out of focus grass is an unnecessary distraction IMO and as we have been given the tools to remove what is a small blip on the image I can't see the hang up over it. Respect your views, but in my opinion camera, software and knowledge are just tools to produce the image that represents the scene, they don't need to be over used or abused but removing a small bit of grass on the side of the image doesn't seem to be going against nature. :o

It isn't like we are going into a court of law and using photographic evidence to illustrate a point. :)

Harshad Barve
10-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Harshad, As I recall you were once thrilled that I suggested a way for you to remove a good section of a dam from a tiger image.... Have you changed your stripes or was that not you ? :)

It was ME only Guruji , but over a period of time I have decided not to use it ,

Arthur Morris
10-13-2010, 08:24 PM
I am fine with that Harshad. I just wanted to make sure that it was the same tiger that I was dealing with :)

Robert Amoruso
10-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Harshad,

Very powerful for the reasons mentioned. I feel one of the best you have posted. Nice work.

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Harshad, you've composed/cropped this really well. And liking the shallow DOF effect a lot.

DanWalters
10-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Nice low angle and I really like that look.

Stephen Earle
10-20-2010, 03:00 PM
I had the opportunity to spend some time in that area of the Mara. What an amazing place. Superb light and mood here.

Ignacio Yufera
10-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Beautiful, love the intense expression despite the relaxed pose. Goes to show you can still do something new with such an overphotographed* subject as lions.

*If that's even a word...