PDA

View Full Version : Purple Beauty

Mike Moats
10-12-2010, 06:19 PM
My art show and workshops schedule is starting to slow down now, so hope to have more time to be here at the macro forum. I haven't had a chance to shoot much over the last few months, but here is one shot at home with the Lensbaby Composer, with the macro attachements that allow you to shoot nice tight shots.

Fuji S5

pat lillich
10-12-2010, 09:25 PM
that is incredible. the colors are both rich and soft. and I love the composition. beautiful.

Steve Maxson
10-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi Mike. Cool colors and nice comp with the flower center at a diagonal and in the ROT position. I would wish for a little more sharpness in the center of the flower where I'm assuming your focus point was (I have not used a Lensbaby before). Maybe a larger image would make it easier to judge. :)

Valerio Tarone
10-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Mike hi certainly a pleasant and smart image. woulyou let me know the SS , aperture and focal lenght? Thanks.

Ken Childs
10-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Hey Mike, my thoughts are pretty much the same as Steve's and I agree that a larger image would make it easier to critique this one.

Roman Kurywczak
10-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Hey Mike,
As usual love the comp. I do wonder about the LR corner whites.....but as mentioned above.....tough to tell on the smaller size. To me it looks like the flower center is fine.....but same issue. Sweet colors and comp though and I'm not sure people realy can apppreciate how tough that lens is!

Bob Miller
10-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Mike...the LLC whites are bothersome to me but otherwise a lovely unique image