PDA

View Full Version : Last in the series, Water Lily

Jay Sheinfield
10-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Added some canvass...........cloned out distractions. Tonal contrast with high-pass filter to bring out the water drops on the flowers.

Nikon D3s
ISO 800
140MM
1/50 sec @f/18

Hand Held

Comments welcome, as always

Julie Kenward
10-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Beautiful work, Jay! Lovely diagonal lines. Lovely water drops. Lovely colors! I really think this is one of the better water lily images from the entire summer season because of the layout of the elements and the way they all work together. Beautiful image! I'd print it BIG!

Ken Childs
10-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Jay, you've got another winner here! You done some fantastic things with these lilies and I'm sorry to see that this is the last in the series. :(

The comp, colors, sharpness all are perfect! I'd be tempted to try a small contrast boost, just to see if that would do anything to make those water drops a little more prominent. Extremely well done!:cheers:

Roman Kurywczak
10-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Hey Jay,
This would have worked with just the lower one too! This presentation makes a very nice diagonal and i do think Kens idea for th edrops is worth exploring. Very nicely done overall!

Mike Moats
10-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Hey Jay, great comp, like the diagonal line of the subjects, dew drops add a nice touch.

Jay Sheinfield
10-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Jules...........Thank you.

Ken.......Ill give the water drops a boost, best I can. Appreciate the comments.

Roman................the lower one is 11 thumbnails down on this forum. But a slightly different point of view. Thanks!

Mike..............Thank you.

Steve Maxson
10-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi Jay. I'm a bit late to the party, but I agree with the others - this is outstanding! The diagonal comp with both flowers in ROT positions, cool colors, good sharpness and DOF, plus all the water drops - what's not to like! :)

Dave Mills
10-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Hi Jay, handled very well technically with even lighting and rich color. What makes this image interesting to me is the diagonal comp with everything connected.
I'm usually not a fan of even #'s but in this case it works for me...nice!

Bob Miller
10-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Hi Jay...really like this image...my favorite in series.....love the colors, details, and the composition !

Andrew McLachlan
10-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Nice work Jay. I agree that this would look fabulous printed BIG.