PDA

View Full Version : looking back

Rene Quenneville
10-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Coming back from an evening shoot at Popham beach, ME. We were walking slowly back to the car and then I saw this wood structure. Looking back at the sunset I tried to make a pleasing comp. This is a 2 picture hand held HDR (Photomatix) with curve and NR done in Lightroom.

1/125 & 1/250, f/11, ISO 400, @29mm

Tim Munsey
10-12-2010, 03:54 AM
Pretty colours, you need to put on some waders and go and tidy up the water way, still super sunset.

Tim

Dave Mills
10-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi Rene, good job on the composition and capturing a pleasing time of day.The golden area of the water adds alot to the image along with the rt edge acting as a leading line. I like the fact that you found a foreground (heres where subjectivity comes into play) but it doesn't carry that much interest for me...see what others have to say...

Roman Kurywczak
10-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Hey Rene,
Agree with above that the colors and curves are beautiful......but the FG stuff isn't the most exciting. That being said......erasing the point of the stick a bit.....that is touching the far shore.....will help a lot. Just make a nice gap in there so it is blue and allows the curve to show up more. Nice job with the blend too.