PDA

View Full Version : Aspen Row

denise ippolito
10-11-2010, 03:19 PM
I used Flaming Pears Swerve filter to create an bend in the trees, then Fotosketchers (http://www.fotosketcher.com/) free program to add an oil painted look. The image I started with was an in-camera blur.

Cheryl Slechta
10-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Denise, I like the effect - it looks like it was painted on with a palette knife. The colors are gorgeous:)

Andrew McLachlan
10-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi Denise,

I love the oil painting look you gave this photo. I am downloading Fotosketchers as I type this. Thanks for posting the link to this free program. Is this going to be another one of those addictive programs? :D

denise ippolito
10-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Andrew, I like the canvas texture BG in Fotosketcher much more than PS. The canvas texture in PS seems to leave noticeable lines. I set the texture to normal for this one. Don't forget to check the texture box if you want texture. Oh ya, this is addictive!!!:)

Paul Lagasi
10-11-2010, 08:51 PM
This work is something you'd see on an easel...nice overall fall colors...TFS

Judy Howle
10-11-2010, 09:45 PM
I love this one Denise! The canvas really makes it look like a painting and I like the bold colors and sketch effect.

Kerry Perkins
10-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Very nice aspens Denise! Love the canvas look and the zig-zag of the trees. Fall colors are special...

Indranil Sircar
10-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Denise, for a second I thought you have switched to brush from camera. Just beautiful! Love the colors and the brush strokes.

Steve Adkins
10-12-2010, 07:23 AM
Hi denise. Lovely texture, color and blur. Thanks for the tip on Fotosketcher. I'm curious, could you share how it compares to DAP? Not that I have any preference to my addictions... :D

denise ippolito
10-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind comments.
Steve, First of all Fotosketcher is a free program. You can download it and give it a whirl. DAP- Dynamic Auto Painter is a relatively inexpensive program that you can download for a free trial period. I recommend that you give them both a try since there is no cost involved and see which one works best for you. DAP has presets that replicate the brush stroke styles of some of the old masters. Fotosketcher does not. I do like the canvas texture BG in Fotosketcher more than DAP. Hope that helps. The interface in both programs is easy.