PDA

View Full Version : Creative with fungus

thijs broekkamp
10-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Another try to be creative with fungus. I thought that the drups in the background ad some atmosphere. I'm receiving very different comments on this picture so i'm curious to your comments.

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae54/thijsbroekkamp/_MG_5365bwrktsrgbfull.jpg

Bob Miller
10-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Thijs....I like this because it is a unique image. I also like the low angle. The drops in the bg are reminiscent of fairies and I like that!. You might consider cleaning up some of the extraneous fungal material at the lower right and left edges and cloning out some of the half circles at the edges. I like it!

Chris Ober
10-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Nice low angle and I think another vertical of just the bunch on the right would be nice too. The lighting is a bit harsh and I find out of focus drops in the background is a distraction. It would be nice to have the front mushroom more in focus. Mushrooms in grass can be difficult :)

Mike Moats
10-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Hey Thijs, when I say the thumbnail I thought that it looked way to busy, which it is, but a busy look that is acceptable due to the cool orbs from the dew in the grass. So I like it even with the clutter.

Jay Sheinfield
10-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Got the idea you were after and I like the creativity. You've got some blow highlights in the shrooms that you can fix with a soft brush and low opacity using a greyish color from somewhere else in the photo. The foreground highlights might be cloned out. Some the BG is bright. I think you are on to something here, just a matter of reducing the harshness of the light................maybe try it earlier in the day, or use a light diffuser. Fill flash might have be messed up the BG drops........not sure.

As long as you are being creative, try something like this.......................I didn't do any editing other than croping and reducing the BG light. Something to think about.

Others may have better ideas for managing the light.

Ken Childs
10-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Hey Thijs, as Bob mentioned, this does have that fairy garden look to it! It's a little busy for my tastes but I really like the option that Jay gave you so that's something you should explore. :)

Roman Kurywczak
10-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Hey Thijs,
I really like the idea you are exploring.....but I am falling in between liking and too busy......so you are on to something! I think the group on the right......with the dead one out.....sharp throughout.....may work so worth having another go at this one as the concept is fantastic!