stuart wanuck
10-11-2010, 12:09 PM
nikon d 300 iso 400
m 1/500 @7.1
70-300 mm lens

Roman Kurywczak
10-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Hey Stuart,
Did you use a flash? Looks like you got a bit of ghosting......most noticable on the RH leaf. I think the comp is pretty goo......do wish you sacrificed a touch of SS for DOF.....the head looks to be a touch soft. You may try another round of USM to see if that snaps it in and cleaning up some of the ghosts will go a long way in taking this up a notch or 2.

Ken Childs
10-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi Stuart, in addition to the great suggestions already made by Roman, I'd consider cropping a sliver from the top and cloning out the stem in the LLC. With all the foliage coming out of the LRC, that stem just doesn't seem to fit.

Bob Miller
10-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Hi Stuart...The sharpness looks OK on my monitor....do agree with ken about cropping and cloning LRC

Mike Moats
10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Hey Stu, I like the comp, I don't mind the foliage on the right, but would crop out the stem in the LLC. The body is nice and sharp, but as Roman point out the head looks soft.

Steve Maxson
10-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi Stuart. You captured a nice pose against a good background. I like the diagonals of the dragonfly's body and the plants. I would agree with the comments above. The partial stem in the LLC adds nothing to the comp and could easily be removed. Also, the "ghosting" that Roman mentioned is pretty noticeable, but could be reduced or eliminated by some careful cleanup work around the plant edges. :)